A unique scientific environment
3300 doctoral students, 39% of whom are international - More than 600 doctoral degrees each year in 81 disciplines/specialties.
A training course dedicated to defence and security offered in an exceptional scientific environment that allows the orientation of his PhD.
Who is the program for?
Military personnel destined to pursue a career in the forces as doctors
Master’s students motivated by Defence themes
Foreign students who have validated a master’s degree, within the framework of cooperation agreements
Are you interested in the "Defence and Homeland Security" doctoral program? Discover the application process.
Why choose our program?
100 hours of training
- Professional training alternating immersion/visit cycles in military units and sites with personal development cycles (stress management, teamwork, project management, ethics).
- A very high level of scientific training in research laboratories and with partners
Examples of application themes
- Weapon systems and devices
- Vessels and associated vehicles
- Cyber defence
- Aeronautics and Space
- Man-Machine Interface
- Human behaviour under stress
- Safety of electricity networks
- Strategic defence issues
- Military History
- Organizational Sciences
They support the doctoral program…
- Division General Christophe BoyerCommander of the National Gendarmerie Officers School
The project to create a Defence and Homeland Security PhD Program has received our full attention and is particularly welcome.
- Jean-Martin JaspersDirector of the Centre for Advanced Studies of the Ministry of the Interior
The importance of this project leads me to send you CHEMI's encouragement.
- General Patrick DestremauDirector of the Institut des Hautes Etudes de Défense Nationale (Institute for Advanced National Defence Studies)
In view of the ambitions of this project and the themes it will address, I am pleased to inform you of my support and the commitment of the Institute.
- General Jérôme BellangerDirector General of the Ecole de l'Air
L'Ecole de l'Air supports this creation as an associated establishment.